Banjo’s ViP Club Card – Terms & Conditions
By registering and/or using your Banjo’s ViP Club card, you consent to the following terms of this agreement.
How do I join the Banjo’s ViP Rewards Program?
- To join the Banjo’s ViP Club, you will need to pick up a Banjo’s ViP Club card from any Banjo’s Bakery.
- Register your Banjo’s ViP Club card by activating your Banjo’s ViP Club card online at https://banjos.com.au/vip-rewards
- Banjo’s ViP Club card members are only permitted to have 1 Banjo’s ViP Loyalty Club card which is allocated to one nominated email address. Each email address can only be used for a single membership.
- Once your Banjo’s ViP Club card is registered, you will receive a login to access to your online account. Here you can set up a password and view your points balance
- Ensure your login and password is kept confidential as no responsibility is taken by Banjo’s for changes to your account.
How do I earn Banjo’s $’s?
- Your Banjo’s ViP Club card must be presented at the time of purchase.
- Every time you spend $20 purchasing products from any Banjo’s Bakery you will receive $1 to spend back in store. Excludes bundle packs (e.g. 12 pack of small savouries), product deals (e.g. 2 pies for $10), platters, newspapers and cold drinks.
- While every effort will be made in store to ensure Banjo’s ViP Club points are correctly awarded, Banjo’s takes no responsibility for technical errors associated with crediting points onto the ViP Card.
How do I redeem my Banjo’s dollars?
- Your Banjo’s ViP Club card must be registered before you can redeem your Banjo’s reward dollars (Banjo’s $’s).
- Rewards can accumulate on an unregistered card but not redeemed.
- Once registered Banjo’s$ can be redeemed at point of sale for future purchases. 1 Banjo’s$ = $1 spend in store.
- Your Banjo’s ViP Club card must be presented at any time you wish to redeem Banjo’s $’s.
- Banjo’s $’s cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash or sold or transferred to another party.
- A maximum of $50 worth of Banjo’s ViP Club rewards can be redeemed per day by any Banjo’s ViP Club Card member.
What do I receive as my free Birthday bonus?
- Banjo’s ViP Club card members are entitled to a free Banjo’s Birthday treat over the week of their birthday. This is valid 3 days prior, on the day of and 3 days post the stated members birth date.
- The free Birthday bonus can only be redeemed upon presentation of your Banjo’s ViP Club card, confirming your date of birth registered on the card matches the date of visit to the bakery. It cannot be redeemed on any other day regardless of external circumstances including but not limited to public holidays, store closures etc.
- The free Birthday bonus is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Banjo’s Bakery does not take responsibility for incorrectly entered birth dates during the registration process.
- The free Birthday bonus is for the specified variety only and cannot be exchanged for any other variety. Banjo’s reserves the right to amend the variety as required.
Help, I have lost my Banjo’s ViP Club Card or forgotten my password
- If your Banjo’s ViP Club card is lost or stolen, you must suspend the card using your online account.
- Banjo’s is not responsible for any Banjo’s$ which may have been redeemed by any unauthorised person at any time.
- Your Banjo’s ViP Club Card can be replaced by picking up a new card from a Banjo’s Bakery and following the links on the website http://banjos.com.au/vip-rewards
- Should a password be lost or forgotten, Banjo’s ViP Club card members should go to the ‘forgot your password’ button on the login page and complete the Membership Number and Email Address. A new password will be sent to the nominated email address.
- Banjo’s ViP Club Card remains the property of Banjo’s at all times and is not transferable.
- No fees will be charged by Banjo’s Bakery for the issue, registration, activation or use of the Banjo’s ViP Club card.
- A maximum of 3 Banjo’s ViP Club Cards can be lost per year before a replacement card cost will be issued.
- In all matters, all decisions made by Banjo’s Bakery will be final and cannot be contested and the Member hereby agrees to accept such decisions.
- Banjo’s Bakery reserves the right not to accept a Banjo’s ViP Club card should we believe that the use is unauthorised, fraudulent or otherwise unlawful.
- Banjo’s Bakery may update the Banjo’s ViP Club card content without notice or liability to members (including the amount of points allocated to product segments and how points are earned and redeemed) and these Terms and Conditions at any time, or add new terms or conditions. If this occurs, Banjo’s will publish updated Terms & Conditions on our website at http://banjos.com.au/vip-rewards/vip-terms-conditions/
- Continued participation in the Banjo’s ViP Club confirms your acceptance of these changes.
- Banjo’s Bakery may discontinue the ViP Club at any time in our sole discretion with no liability to you. If we do so, we’ll publish a notice on our website and/or email you to let you know.
- If a Banjo’s ViP Club member has not used their card for a period of 12 months, Banjo’s Bakery reserves the right to terminate their membership. Notification will be provided via email 1 month prior to cancellation occurring and again 1 week prior to cancellation occurring.
- Once a membership has been terminated it cannot be re-activated and entitlements cannot be redeemed.
- Banjo’s Bakery reserves the right to remove points incorrectly or accidentally added to your Banjo’s ViP Club card without notice to you.
- Banjo’s Bakery may offer special offers to some or all Banjo’s ViP Club members from time to time. These offers may include additional terms and conditions. All special offers must be redeemed on the dates specified.
- Membership will also be terminated if we believe that you have engaged in fraudulent or unlawful activity or failed to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Banjo’s ViP Club card cannot operate at any time due to technical or other circumstances beyond Banjo’s control, Banjo’s reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Banjo’s ViP Club.
- Banjo’s does not make any warranties or representations to members in connection with any Rewards and expressly disclaims all liability for claims (including claims for indirect and consequential loss) with respect to type, quality and standards of Rewards.
- Banjo’s Bakery accepts no responsibility for any SMS, email or other mail not received by Banjo’s ViP Club card members or any delay in receiving this information due to technical difficulties or other reasons.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to Banjo’s ViP Club Card Program in Australia, and are governed by relevant laws.
If you have any questions about our ViP Program or these Terms and Conditions, please visit http://banjos.com.au/vip-rewards/
I have more questions, who do I contact?
Please forward further questions to www.banjos.com.au/contact
Banjo’s ViP Club Card – Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Banjo’s ViP Loyalty Club?
Banjo’s ViP Club is a loyalty club for all Banjos’ customers and is designed to deliver rewards for their patronage. ViP Club members will receive Banjo’s$ rewards when they make a purchase (conditions apply), regular communications and exclusive offers.
How do I accumulate points on my Banjo’s ViP Loyalty Club card?
Banjo’s$ are accumulated when purchasing select Banjo’s products. Your Banjo’s ViP Loyalty Club Card must be presented to accumulate points on purchases.
How do I redeem my points for product?
As Banjo’s$ are accumulated, you can choose to redeem them at any time. Your Banjo’s ViP Club Card must be presented to redeem.
Can I use my Banjo’s ViP Club card at any Banjo’s outlet?
You sure can. Banjo’s has many outlets throughout Tasmania, Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland. To find an outlet close to you, please CLICK HERE
Does my card expire?
Your Banjo’s ViP Club card will only expire if it has not been used for 12 consecutive months. Prior to expiring, Banjo’s will make all efforts to contact you with the contact details provided by yourself to ensure you are able to use up any redeemed points prior to expiry.
What if I have forgotten my password or lost my card?
Replacement passwords can be sourced by clicking on ‘forgot my password’. Lost cards can be replaced by picking up a new card from a Banjo’s Bakery and following the links on the website http://banjos.com.au/vip-rewards/
Can I have a card for my business?
Banjo’s ViP Club is limited to individuals and not companies or other entities at this time.
What are my responsibilities?
As a ViP Club member you are responsible for ensuring your information is current and correct and you will adhere to the terms and conditions under which the ViP Club operates. This includes but is not limited to notifying of change of address, lost cards and using the card in accordance with this agreement.